1983 – 5th General chapter
- An ordinary Chapter, held in Rome, Italy, from 24 August to 2 December.
- Participants: 67 perpetual professed sisters.
- Purpose: to define and approve the renewed Constitutions.
- The Chapter carried out a three-fold work:
* it developed and approved the text of the Constitutions, which the Holy See approved definitively on 25 January 1984.
* it elected the Superior General on 15 November: Sr. Maria Cevolani was reconfirmed in this office for another 6 years.
* it carried out a discernment concerning what priorities to follow so as to attain the Chapters objective.
- To revitalize the Pauline vocation in the contemporary Church and world in view of the future and in the light of the Constitutions.
1989 – 6th General chapter
- An ordinary Chapter, celebrated at Ariccia, Italy, from 20 August to 30 September.
- Participants: 73 perpetual professed sisters.
- Sr. Giovannamaria Carrara elected Superior General for six years.
- Daughters of St. Paul: women consecrated and sent to evangelize with the instruments of social communication, moving toward the year 2000.
- In order to respond to the demands of evangelization with the means of social communication in a commitment to inculturation, we will contiue the process of deepening, updating and assimilating our charism, letting ourselves be interpellated by the challenges of our times.